CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, November 14, 2008

One Night

When we were just starting up our business, my husband and I, we did P.I. work. My husband was a professional Chef in Las Vegas, NV., for many years and he did very well financially. Well, here in the Four Corners, that don't pay much at all here, so we did what we could to get by. P.I. was a lot of work, we built clients up like nothing. We were helping the Bail Bondsmen, Credit Agencies, Individuals, you name it they wanted help.

One night, on our way home I was so tired and cold, I rolled up like a cat in the front seat of the car. I had taken a couple of my pain medication that usually helped me get out of my misery and put me to sleep in a heart beat, well with that I dozed right off. We had an Oldsmobile then, and it felt so good to snuggle into that seat, and rested my head on the armrest. I stared at my husband in a loving way and I sure felt content. My husband knew I had problems with being cold, so he covered me with his Levi jacket with wool inside, and I covered the jacket over my head so that it covered my whole body. I drifted off to sleep feeling at ease, I could feel the heater turned to high somewhere during the process of my drowsiness. Every so often I would hear him say something or muttering, I didn't pay much attention to it, I was soundly asleep by now.

I heard him cuss about being pulled over, but in my mind I was off and away to the dream world. In my dream I kept hearing loud tapping and it seemed like every second it was getting louder and louder, then I heard a voice say "Ma'am, can you hear me?!" I dozed right off again. The tapping got louder again, and I was getting ornery. I looked straight ahead of me, and I saw the lights in the console and the radio was still playing and everything blurred away into sleep. I hear "Body in the car! Body in the car! Body in the car!" Figuring it was the radio I drifted off again, this time I heard banging on the window. I hear my husband saying something, practically yelling. I heard the officers telling him to lay down on the pavement. I squinted and tried to look with all my might at the figure that's watching and demanding something I wasn't comprehending. "MA'AM! MA'AM, are you alright?!" I just looked at him and nodded. Again, the officers in the back were wrestling with my husband and he is trying to justify himself. I put my head back on the arm rest and off to sleep I went again. The banging awakened me again, this time the officer wanted me to roll down the window, I did just what he asked and this time I sat up. He asked me if I was alright and how do I know the man that was driving the car. I looked at the steering wheel and inside the car, sure enough it's our car. I looked through the back window and they had good ol'hubby against the trunk. The officer asked me again, and I look at him and wondered why he kept asking me.. I sure thought for a bit.. Finally going through all of my mischief ideas and thoughts, I thought I should do the right thing and say "Yes, it's my husband."

Could you imagine what would of happened to him if I said NO? and I have been DRUGGED by this white man??? I laughed and told good ol'hubby about it. He said he would have been so mad at me.